Welcome to The Shaman's Tent
The Shaman's Tent is a private practice operated by Adam Kane and Al Romao in Ulster County, New York that offers shamanic counseling and healing techniques to its clients in addition to offering classes, workshops, and sound healing therapies. The Shaman's Tent is also dedicated to creating a spiritual community for shamanic practitioners and those guided on similar spiritual paths within the Hudson Valley and Catskill areas.
- To facilitate the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health of people in need by working in a spiritual partnership with them. Through this partnership we can work together in establishing tools and techniques for healing and healthier living. This is done by working with shamanic ceremony and techniques to bring a client into direct contact with the compassionate healing spirits of creation.
- To establish a sense of community through community ceremonies.
- To empower others by teaching techniques, theories, and philosophies during workshops, classes, and retreats.
Adam and Al work separately with clients and come together to jointly offer certain ceremonies and events. Our practices are similar, but different, so we can provide healing to individuals and the community in different ways. Our practices draw primarily from North America, Mayan, Egyptian, Peruvian, African, Australian, Tibetan, and Tuvan indigenous teachings and practices. We do our very best to remain true to the indigenous techniques without "westernizing" or "modernizing" the practices. We use a combination of the following tools and techniques to restore balance and facilitate healing on all levels:
- Shamanic Counseling
- Extraction Healing
- Power Animal Retrieval
- Soul Retrieval
- Spirit Channeling
- Khuya Rumi (healing stones)
- Chumpi Stones (Peruvian medicine items)
- Spiritual Purification and cleansings
- Sound therapy