Shamanism for Beginners
by: Adam Kane
Date: Saturday, December 15th, 2012
Time: 3:00pm - 7:00pm
Location: Adam's Home in Eatontown, NJ
Directions given upon registration
Space is Limited - Register Early
Pre-Register by Calling 732-389-4859
Please Bring: a mat or blanket to sit/lay on, a bandana or scarf to cover your eyes during the guided journey, and a notebook and pen to take notes and record your experiences.
This afternoon class will introduce you to shamanism: what it is, its practices, and how to apply its concepts to your daily life and spiritual belief system. We will cover the topics of purification through smudging, the creation of sacred space, the concept of shamanic healing, and the shaman's journey to the upper, lower, and middle spirit worlds.
The class will include:
- Discussions of the theories, practices, and beliefs of shamanism
- A guided meditation to connect with nature
- A smudging and space clearing ceremony
- Drumming/rattling to connect with your helping spirits and your personal power
- A guided shaman's journey to meet your power animal.
Please Bring to the class: a mat or blanket to sit/lay on, a bandana or scarf to cover your eyes during the guided journey, a drum and/or rattle if you have one, and a notebook and pen to take notes and record your experiences.