One Hour Spirit Doctoring Sessions
Shamanic Spirit Doctoring is a process of bringing the healing spirits into direct contact with a client. It facilitates healing on physical, mental, and emotional levels for a client. The practitioner connects with guides, spirit helpers, and the spirit worlds on behalf of a client. He then asks for helping spirits to work through him to assist the person in need. The spirits bring their healing through the medicine songs, drum and rattle healing, and laying of hands. It is through this process that harmful energy can be removed from a client and that missing energies can be returned to a client. This creates a balanced environment within a client’s body so that true healing can happen.
What to expect during a spirit doctoring session
We do our best to not modernize or westernize our practices and to work as close as possible to the original indigenous practices. For this reason sessions are very ceremonial in nature and are rich with drums, rattles, chants, spirit channeling and healing songs.
We often sit with a client for a few minutes to get a sense of your goals and to answer any questions that you may have concerning the process.
After this we move into the spirit doctoring work. This is done with the client laying on a massage table. Sessions are performed fully clothed. Each session is started with the burning of sage, cedar, or other healing incense to clear the space and surface energy.
Work is done by the practitioner to call in the healing and benevolent spirits that watch over humanity and the cosmos. Their help is petitioned on behalf of the client for the purification of the body, mind, heart, and soul as well as the bringing in of the spiritual medicines that the client is in need of.
The types of healings that may be incorporated into a spirit doctoring
- Spirit Channeling- This is a very common part of our practice. We work with taking a step back from ourselves so that the healing spirits can take a step forward and work through us. By letting the healing spirits merge with and inhabit us they are able to come into direct contact with a client- offering healing, nurturing, compassion, and soothing comfort. The spirits will often bring their medicine through healing songs that are then sung directly to the client.
- Limpia- This is a purification technique to cleanse a person's energy and aura. We most commonly work with a fan of dried leaves from the jungle called a chacapa or with bundles of fresh leaves. The leaves are shaken like a rattle and used to sweep a person down, drawing harmful energy away from them as this is done. The process is commonly accompanied by challay, which is the ritual spraying of a person with flower waters. Sometimes eggs are also used in this process to draw illness from the body into the eggs- which are then buried in the woods after the ceremony.
- Extraction Healing- Through people's lives and their daily contact with the physical world they are bombarded by energies and thoughts that do not belong to them. These energies can attach themselves and take up residence in a person's energy field or body. This foreign energy can then create blockages and imbalance that leads to physical illness, emotional blockages, and a lack of mental clarity. Through the process of Extraction Healing we connect to our helping spirits and scan a person on an energetic/spirit level to detect where these energy intrusions reside. We then let the helping spirits draw out these energy intrusions from a person so that they can be returned back to the universe and go where they are needed.
- Drum and Rattle Doctoring- The soul doctoring spirits will often come through the vibrations of the drums and rattles to heal a person. The vibrations of these instruments break up dense energy and carry power from the spirit world into this one.
- Khuya Rumi- Roughly translated into "impassioned stone" or "stone of love", this is a technique from Peruvian shamanism that works with healing stones that have been awakened to radiate spiritual medicine. The khuya stones are placed on a client and prayed with to infuse their healing into the client. Some of these stones have been collected from very sacred sites in North, Central, and South America and then awakened for their healing medicine. While other khuya stones that we work with have come from Lake Titicaca and the Andes in Peru and been passed down from medicine person to medicine person, being worked with for healing by several generations.
Scheduling a One Hour Spirit Doctoring Session
- Sessions are one hour in length
- The fee for a One Hour Spirit Doctoring Session is $80.
- Spirit Doctoring is powerful work where we enlist the aid of the compassionate spirits. It is important to take the work seriously and to make sure that you are ready and committed to your healing process.
- Sessions are done in Saugerties, New York - BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- DO NOT HESITATE to contact either Adam or Al with questions about Shamanic Healing Ceremonies.